About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experiences platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China’s roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
By joining Roblox China, you will have the opportunity to have a powerful impact on our company’s growth trajectory. We’re looking for someone who is eager to take on a meaningful role to help Roblox China grow. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who is ready to take Roblox China—and their career—to the next level. Join the Roblox China team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Roblox China is looking for an experienced translator to join our team. As a Chinese Localization Specialist, you will help us localize our global games for the Chinese market. In this role, you will work closely with both our team in Shenzhen and Roblox HQ to provide translations for English Roblox games.
- A localization specialist with a BA in Translation or equivalent and 3+ years of localization experience in the gaming industry.
- Proficient in English and Chinese, effective at both verbal and written communication
- Familiar with bug reporting processes and softwares
- A demonstrated self-starter who is comfortable learning new technologies
- An expert on Chinese game industry policies and regulations
- Knowledgeable about standard game terminology
- Provide high quality Chinese translations of our game content
- Work with and maintain translation memories, glossaries, and style guides
- Uncover, evaluate, and fix linguistic and localization issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Chinese language, policies, and culture
Please apply directly to email@example.com and we will reply shortly!