The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Backend Web Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack at a time of incredible growth for our business. On the Social team, your mission will be to guarantee a fun, engaging, and safe social experience for players of all ages. Roblox is the largest social platform for creating, sharing and interacting with 3D content. You will join a team of engineers developing innovative features that allow our members to play, chat and build together, see their friends' activity across the platform, and stay up-to-date on their favorite content.
At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the largest social platform for play and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions to a global audience. If you have what it takes to expand a game platform that can sustain over a million concurrent players at peak times and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or a related engineering field and at least six years of hands-on experience
- Interested in powering social networks: you are excited about building infrastructure to support chat and social networking features at scale by handling tens of millions of requests per second
- A solid programmer: you are skilled in at least one compiled language, like C#, Java, C++, etc.
- Well rounded software engineer: you have working experience dealing with relational databases, distributed systems, software design patterns and large-scale applications
- Adaptable: you tackle new challenges head-on, understanding and solving problems using emerging technologies
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: it is an added bonus if you have working experience with public cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking social solutions that provide an awesome experience for our community around the world while satisfying the large scale and real-time requirements of the Imagination Platform
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.