Roblox, Build/Tools Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Build/Tools Engineer, you will develop, optimize and maintain mission critical build tools for the Roblox game engine team. Using the tools that you and your team develop and manage, you will support all phases of the software lifecycle for the client engineering team - including multi-platform build systems, continuous integration, crash reporting, code coverage and analysis tools, and test environments. If you have a passion for delivering productivity and efficiency with state of art development tools, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Client team.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining build tools and processes for engineering teams of 15 or more (minimum of 5 years) and have a bachelor or masters in Computer Science or similar
- Proficient with version control (Git preferred), continuous integration and multiplatform development environments
- Familiar with static analysis and code coverage tools
- A strong communicator
- Dedicated to optimizing full cycle engineering development pipelines.
- Versatile: you’re a jack of all trades, master of several; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises.
- Maintain and improve code analysis, build and release tools
- Integrate code analysis and quality metrics tools
- Customize our continuous integration system to work with a growing team
- Improve integration between version control, build and incident tracking tools
- Collaborate with the team to improve overall build process reliability and scalability
- Upgrade,maintain current production deployment systems
- Provide ongoing support for the code development lifecycle
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.