Roblox, Software Engineer - Lua Core, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineer on the Lua Core team, you’ll be building tools and frameworks to help build world class applications using our game engine. You will lay the foundation for applications that are used by millions of users, ensuring performance and reliability. If you are experienced building out frameworks used by real-time applications, love performance and enjoy working on different technologies, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing applications team.
- A programming pioneer: you have have 3-5 years of experience working on consumer applications and tools
- C++: you are proficient in C++ with an eye for performance; preferably working on real-time applications
- Scripting Experience: you have some scripting experience, with an interest to work in lua
- Test driven: you love writing unit test
- Adaptable: you are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on task for the greater team
- Create best-in-class tools and frameworks to help drive Roblox applications using our 3D game engine
- Optimize code to make our applications run lightning on any device
- Write and maintain unit test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best iapplications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.