Roblox, Principal Software Engineer - Desktop Application UI, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Cloud Game Development Team, you will utilize your deep experience in software architecture, design patterns, and best coding practices to accelerate the evolution of Roblox Studio, the cloud-based, distributed game development application at the origin of all games on Roblox. Thousands of developers use Roblox Studio daily to build immersive, three dimensional games and environments that captivate millions of players worldwide. Your work will directly impact the system that facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository. Ultimately, you will help empower our passionate developer community to make bigger and better virtual experiences and video games.
- Experienced with 10+ years in Lead Software Engineer roles and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- A Technology Expert who has developed and deployed complex software for massive cloud-based systems
- Hands-on with C++, Boost libraries, multithreading and networking, and UI frameworks for desktop applications such as QT/QML or MFC
- Familiar with .NET web application stack, MS SQL or other database technologies at scale.
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.