Roblox, Engineering Manager - Cloud Game Development Team, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Engineering Manager for the Cloud Game Development Team, you will be key to the advancement of Roblox Studio, our flagship product at the origin of all games on the Roblox platform. Thousands of developers use Roblox Studio daily to build immersive, three dimensional games and environments that captivate millions of players worldwide. You will be in charge of architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of a cloud-based distributed system that breaks new ground for the game development industry. The Cloud Game Development Team's mission is to build out Studio in the cloud, empowering our passionate developer community to build bigger and better stuff as a team from different locations around the globe.
- A Leader with 2+ years in a Manager or Team Lead role
- Experienced with 5+ years of software engineering experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries as well as multithreading and networking experience
- Familiar with .NET web application stack and MS SQL or other database technologies at scale
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on a large-scale, consumer-facing, desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.