Roblox, Software Engineering Manager - Desktop Application UI, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineering Manager for the Studio IDE Team, you will contribute to the advancement of our flagship product, Roblox Studio, the product at the origin of all games on the Roblox platform. Thousands of developers use Roblox Studio daily to build immersive, three dimensional games and environments that captivate millions of players worldwide. You will drive the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of the end-user experience across the Studio IDE, directly impacting our passionate developer community and empowering them to make bigger and better stuff.
- A Leader with 2+ years in a Manager or Team Lead role
- Experienced with 5+ years of software engineering experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries - Qt/QML and multithreading is a plus
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about user experience and task success
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead the application engineering team for the Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, data analysts, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.