Roblox, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test on the Developer Services Team you will own testing and automation of the end user experience across millions of devices including PC/Mac/XBox/iOS and Android. Your team's mission is to enable Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences. This includes services around core game play, a developer analytics platform, and a communications platform enabling our creators to communicate with their audiences.
- Experienced with 5+ years in software development or test automation
- Fluent in an object oriented programming language like C# or Java
- Well-versed in SOAP or RESTful web services and APIs
- Knowledgeable of 'deployment pipelines' and experienced with tools like Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experienced in cloud computing environments
- Ready to work with testing frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, or TestNG
- Review software for quality, scalability and resilience
- Implement harnesses and infrastructure to test systems; this includes integration, smoke, stress, and performance with an understanding of strengths and weaknesses by type
- Promote adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Integrate instrument automated testing in development workflow
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.