Roblox, People Operations Manager, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As the People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for our company-wide systems and processes as well as acting as a key partner to our technology and G&A teams. You have a passion to help build and lead the strategy and execution of our People Operations and are excited to get your hands dirty wherever you see opportunity!
- 5+ years of People Ops/HR experience; 2+ years in a People Operations Lead or Manager role
- At least 1-2 years working in a high-tech, startup with engineering, product and design teams
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent
- Proficiency with Google Applications and MS Office applications
- Prior experience working with small to mid-sized companies and helping organizations scale quickly
- Ability to distinguish sensitive information from non-sensitive information and maintain 100% confidentiality
- Team player, always willing to jump in and help out other teams when needed
- A friendly approach and willingness to take on multiple projects
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot, improve processes, and make Roblox an awesome place to work
- Positive, open and collaborative communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Review existing systems, tools and processes and develop and implement new changes to improve and streamline existing people operations from on-boarding to orientation, to employee education programs and promotions, to off-boarding and termination
- Partner with our HRBP’s to launch company-wide programs and initiatives including performance management, compensation reviews, recognition, etc. while always thinking about how we can scale these programs
- Maintain and update data in our HRIS and across other systems to ensure a high degree of accuracy
- Design and develop processes and tools to effectively manage immigration cases
- Ensure our People Team processes and practices are in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help launch key staffing initiatives
- Assist on additional people operations, staffing or culture initiatives as needed
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.