Roblox, Engineering Manager - Quality, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is a complex, full-service gaming platform. The Game Engine team is responsible for building and maintaining all core components of the Roblox player and server code, which includes physics, rendering, and networking components. Reporting to our Director of Engineering, the QA Engineering group is a critical part of our software engineering team. As the Engineering Manager in the quality organization you will define and drive the quality strategy for Roblox's expansive user generated gaming platform. As a member of the platform team your scope of work will span a multitude systems and disciplines. Your team will be involved in the quality efforts of mobile apps, websites and backend web services at enormous scale. You will lead a team of QA automation engineers to ensure we deliver the highest product quality while driving the development of automation and tooling that enables our engineering team to deliver quickly and confidently. Partnering with the product teams, tools and release teams, you will guarantee the quality of our backend systems, mobile and web applications.
- Experienced: with 5+ years of QA experience, 2+ years in a QE Manager role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Natural leader: with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Relentless: in the pursuit of quality with experience developing test strategies and defining test cases, plans, and suites from the ground up
- Effective: at driving projects
- Passionate: about working on large scale, consumer facing web applications
- Collaborative: with excellent communication skills and follow through
- Metrics driven: with a proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Recruit, mentor and lead a hybrid team of QA and automation engineers.
- Lead the team in defining, developing and implementing quality best practices and test strategies.
- Improve the overall QA process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of the platform and mobile engineers.
- Act as an advocate for quality throughout the department.
- Push the team toward relentless issue discovery, isolation, reporting and resolution
- Utilize your comprehensive knowledge of standards, related disciplines, company strategy and goals, to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.