Roblox, Senior Software Engineer - Tools, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is a complex, full-service gaming platform. The Game Engine team is responsible for building and maintaining all core components of the Roblox player and server code, which includes physics, rendering, and networking components. Reporting to our Director of Engineering, the Platform Tools group is a critical part of our software engineering team.
We are looking for a Senior Tools Software Engineer who will be responsible for supporting our Platform teams with tools ensuring a smooth test and release process while improving the productivity of our engineers and the scalability of our products. If you enjoy working independently in a fast-paced environment, find technical and process solutions to make the life of the people around easier then this is a great position for you!
- Experienced with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Educated CS Degree or equivalent
- A Leader with experience mentoring and driving more junior engineers
- Passionate about improving processes and productivity
- Proficient with .NET, C# and MS SQL
- Enthusiastic about collaborating with others and driving best practices
- Architect, develop, deploy and maintain development tools
- Investigate and Troubleshoot complex issues
- Mentor and lead less experienced engineers
- Identify process solutions to technical problems
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the organization
- Advocate for best practices and processes to the entire platform team
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.