Roblox, Senior Software Engineer - Web Application Server, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Web Application Server, you’ll be primary responsibility for powering the backend of our most prized mobile and tablet assets: the iOS, Android, and Amazon clients. We ship on a weekly cadence with testable and configurable features that allow for rapid experimentation, data collection, and optimize for performance and user engagement.
- Educated, with a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; M.S. preferred
- Passionate, about software engineering and have 8+ years of experience
- Expert, building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, or Flask
- Trained, in core experiences with REST, API design patterns, and scalability
- Proficient, in Web security and authentication
- Design and implement features in our backend server and API stack that power the Roblox mobile app for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms
- Bring your full experiences of shipping mobile apps to bear so that we can delight our customers every week with improvements and new features!
- Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Build consensus and alignment between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
- Track data, where possible, on changes/improvements so they can be measured
- Work effectively within a team environment and be an inspiration to the people around you as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.