Roblox, Game Engine Automation Architect, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Game Engine Automation Architect, you’ll be creating the next generation of automation tools for the Roblox game engine, ensuring rock solid, high performance physics, rendering and networking functionality. If you have a passion for delivering quality through state of the automation solutions, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Client team.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining test automation tools and frameworks (minimum of 7 experience) with a bachelor or masters in Computer Science or similar
- A hands on engineer with ability to code in various programming languages (prefer C++, C#, Python)
- Data driven, with strong problem-solving skills with analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data
- Proficient with current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Help drive a growing culture of automated testing within the Roblox client team
- Develop and maintain automated testing tools for the Roblox game engine
- Work closely with engineering team to design the next generation automation infrastructure to maximize coverage and performance
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases
- Extend the coverage and capabilities of our existing automated testing framework
- Review test plans with client engineering to ensure alignment on goals, coverage and test approach
- Analyze and communicate test results to client engineering and other key stake-holders
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.