Roblox, Full Stack Web Engineer - Web Performance, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer in Web Performance, you will work on a cross-discipline team striving to optimize delivery of our web site to our global, multi-platform user base. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about website performance, both on the server and in the browser, and are interested in using the latest technologies and techniques to make our website feel like a native app, on desktops and phones alike.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Passionate about website and web application performance
- Enthusiastic about working on all components of a web application: from front-end web, to middle tier, to backend services
- Experienced measuring and improving web application performance
- An expert in web performance best practices
- Proficient with profiling tools for investigating performance bottlenecks either server or client-side
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues both server-side and in the browser
- Push the entire platform team forward by investigating and prototyping new technologies and patterns to keep our application at the forefront of performance
- Help decide the projects and direction of the newly-formed web performance team
- Enhance the lives of millions of users by getting them into the games they love faster
- Keep our users safe by setting standards and implementing security best practices
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.