Roblox, QA Tester - Developer Relations, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
The Developer Relations team is looking for an experienced QA Tester to help build the next generation of awesome experiences on Roblox. In this role, you will help test all features and functionality of the custom and event games in development. This includes performing ad hoc testing with the Developer Relations QA Lead as well as helping run large group tests with our community based volunteer QA test team. You will document any bugs that are found, analyze and review for discrepancies in game, and verifying fixes are implemented. You will actively manage multiple projects, building individualized bug databases to guide regression.
- Knowledgeable, with a solid understanding of QA processes, methodologies and best practices
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Experienced, with 2+ years of video game quality assurance testing with experience on console, PC, iOS and android platforms
- Passionate about developing, playing and testing games with a desire to assist in the development process
- Process driven with clear documentation and bug tracking for several ongoing projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with folks of all ages and background
- Driven to create the best player experience possible
- Effective multitasker under pressure
- Work closely with our internal QA team, young community development studios, and the volunteer community QA test team
- Manage internal and external facing bug tracking tools including JIRA and Confluence
- Ensure multiple development projects adhere to bug regression schedules established by you
- Be a driving force in building quality new content for our global community of millions
- Work with numerous tools including JIRA, confluence, Google docs, and slack
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.