Roblox, Software Engineer- Social, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Social UI/UX Software Engineer you will be responsible for the creation of elegant and cutting edge user experiences. If you are passionate about shipping and releasing best-in-class social applications every week, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Lua Social team. As a member of the Lua Social team you will be in-charge of presenting the immense Roblox social graph. You will play a key part to solving the user experience loop for the diverse horizontal featureset of the Roblox platform: from how developers create games, to players finding games to play, to players participating in a real-world marketplace, and even chatting their social status. You will move fast, achieve ten times as much as you thought possible, and see the rewards of your work in the hands of your users every week.
- A programming pioneer: you have at least 3 years of programming experience in consumer applications
- C++ wizard: you are competent in C++ and are familiar coding in real-time applications.
- Scripting pro: you know how to write scripts to orchestrate in-engine game code and create tools
- Obsessive tester: you know how to write unit tests, and love working in a Test Driven Development mindset
- Networked: you have experience with REST APIs and understand the complexities of networked code
- Team-player: you work well with other team member, and are able to take on responsibilities for the greater team
- Creator: you are excited to participate with design and product teams to create the best user experience possible
- Create best-in-class user facing applications using lua in the Roblox Game Engine
- Work closely with Product and Designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Master the UI framework and improve our core engine technology towards making elegant UI creation
- Work at warp speed and release code to millions of users at least once every week
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.