Roblox, QA Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is a complex, full-service gaming platform. The Game Engine team is responsible for building and maintaining all core components of the Roblox player and server code, which includes physics, rendering, and networking components.
Reporting to our Director of Engineering, the QA group is a critical part of our software engineering team. We are looking for a QA Engineer who will be responsible for making sure the features we ship satisfy product specifications and don’t compromise system stability or scalability.
If you enjoy working independently in a fast-paced environment and working on game testing. Then this is a great position for you!
- Experienced (minimum of 6 years) in conducting QA on multi-platform games and/or game engines
- Able to independently devise and implement test plans for major feature releases
- A skilled problem solver when it comes to investigating new bugs
- Proficient in deploying test builds to mobile, PC, tablet, and console hardware
- A hands-on game tester with demonstrated interest as an avid gamer
- Committed to delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline
- Familiar with bug tracking software (Jira, TestTrack Pro, Fog Bugs etc.)
- Test game software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team
- Interface with Roblox engineering and become familiar with best-practices in game QA testing
- Perform regression testing and verify bug fixes
- Author testing regressions to fill identified testing gaps
- Review and interpret testing results from outsourced testing groups
- Work from requirements checklists and product-specific test plans
- Document complete and detailed defect reports
- Be flexible with regards to occasional evening and weekend testing in order to meet deadlines
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.