Roblox, Engineering Manager - Growth, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to lead a full stack engineering team that will help us grow orders of magnitude larger from where we are now. The team’s responsibilities are to discover new growth levers and optimize previously identified triggers. An organized data driven approach, willingness to constantly experiment, and the desire to be involved in product decisions are a must. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software applications across a varied stack.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (website, iOS, and Android)
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing mobile and web applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.