Roblox, Product Manager - Avatar, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As the Product Manager for Avatar, you will work with an extremely talented team of engineers and artists to define the next generation of Avatars for the Roblox platform. The Avatar at its core represents the identity of the player and as the Product leader you will define the future. At the company the Avatar team focuses on creating new dynamic features for the Avatars, building a world class editor and enabling a thriving UGC catalog of assets for the Avatar.
- Product leader with BS or MS in CS or similar with 7+ years in Product Management
- Detail oriented - Ability to go beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset
- UX Focused - Ability to convey your ideas through detailed Specs and/or Wireframes
- Dynamic Experience working in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through planning, development, and launch
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude along with the ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drive efforts in building the Avatar ecosystem across the entire Roblox platform
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform
- Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing
- Identify product requirements and develop strategy for new and backlog initiatives for products
- Communicate the needs and product concepts to stakeholders, engineers, designers, and other product team members
- Be incredibly truth-seeking - collect all data necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior, or other business metrics
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.