Roblox, Client Intern (January - May), San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
Roblox is hiring several Client Interns this Spring, preferably from our Developer Community, to be a part of the Roblox Client Team. You will be matched with and mentored by a senior software engineer from our knowledgeable and veteran engineering staff. Candidates will get to work on a product with a rapid release cycle (weekly releases) and help us continue to build our ultimate Imagination Platform. Roblox is looking for a candidate that is an intelligent and creative individual who has a strong desire to learn new languages and be on the cutting-edge of game technologies.
Interns will be expected to work as a member of the client team by quickly responding to our development community to address issues and implement new features to our platform. The client team prefers to hire generalists - this position will involve interaction with gameplay, user interface, physics, sound, and scripting in Lua.
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithms
- Experienced with C++
- Familiar with Lua, QT, Java, or Objective-C, a plus
- A gaming enthusiast, with an extensive understanding of MMO game design principles
- Dedicated, with a history of academic and/or professional excellence and passion for game development
- Someone who goes above and beyond: game demos and/or portfolio a plus
- Create API's for a user-generated virtual world using Lua
- Become familiar with best practices for security systems to keep ROBLOX games safe
- Build innovative features and frameworks to facilitate new kinds of game play
- Develop and maintain User interface elements that are seen by millions of users
- Have exposure to cross platform technologies (PC, MAC, iOS, Android, Xbox, Virtual Reality)
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.