Roblox, Senior Site Reliability Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Our ambition is to build a global infrastructure to rival that of any big social network out there. We currently operate thousands of servers in data centers all over the globe. Over the next few years, we expect our server count to grow by a factor of 3 or more.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack and hardware infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build systems that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 8 years of hands on experience
- A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Ruby, and C#, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems
- Not afraid of Linux (Ubuntu) and/or Windows: you have solid administration skills in either OS, good system-analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- Passionate about automation: you have knowledge of, or hands-on experience with, technologies like Maas.io or theforeman.org, Mesos, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef or Puppet
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: you have working experience with public cloud (AWS preferred) and private cloud (OpenStack preferred) solutions
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before; GraphQL, Consul.io, Vault.io, Hubot, Docker, Mesos, InfluxDB, TICK, Prometheus etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and api solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
- Work with an innovative team that is currently distributed throughout the US and Canada, and soon to be globally
- While we are growing at our current pace, you may be asked to participate in the on-call rotation for critical infrastructure pieces
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.