Roblox, Engineering Manager - Lua Applications Team, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
Roblox's engineering team is growing quickly and we are looking for great engineering leaders to help us scale. As an Engineering Manager on the Lua Applications Team, you will work for your direct reports, ensuring they have everything they need to be happy and productive in their roles. Your teams will own the primary interfaces through which players find Roblox games, interact with their friends, edit their avatar, etc. Managers should be able to provide career development, mentorship, and candid feedback to their team. Your leadership will increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. You will identify and mitigate risk and make sure to keep teams efficient and effective. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership over the things they build. If you have a desire to grow and learn, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding client engineering team.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with 2+ years in a leadership role at a company building complex technology products
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing mobile and web applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement development best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.