Roblox, Senior UX/UI Designer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Our ambition is to build a global social platform to rival that of any big social network out there. We’re looking for UX/UI designers who are inspired to power the imaginations of people around the world, one player at a time. As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Roblox, you’ll play a critical role in helping us refine a product that works seamlessly across different platforms and around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience.
- A Leader, excited to lead design discussions and provide improvements to make a streamlined design process
- Experienced, with 10+ years of design experience and Bachelor’s degree in Human Interaction, User Experience, Ergonomics, or related fields; experience in 3D development platform is a plus. Mobile experience required
- Collaborative, excel in communicating designs and ideas to engineers, product managers, and executives
- Self Organized, ready to research and provide solutions for product changes with minimal guidance
- Problem Solver, curiosity drives you to find new ways to approach today’s challenges
- Investigative, interested in understanding user behaviors through standard user research methodologies, persona formation and usability testing
- Flexible, you are able to work on multiple projects in parallel while holding up your design standards
- Innovative, have a strong desire to push design standards forward with various technology challenges
- Detail-oriented, you can find and pursue solutions with precision at each step of the process as well as help others see flaws within the design language across the product
- Curious, interested in expanding your expertise into various platforms as well as work with cross-functional teams on a variety of different projects
- Create a world class user experience for our mobile application across both iOS and Android, through pixel perfect layouts, styling, and interactions
- Unify user experience across all Roblox products and platforms
- Research and define feature designs in terms of the user experience
- Create user interfaces that complement and enhance the user experience
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
- Communicate and present your designs to peer and executive level as well as negotiate with product owners and engineers with an open mind
- Bring your designs to life through prototypes and demos
- Work seamlessly with the Creative Design department to develop and maintain product branding and visual design
- Become familiar with agile methodology (Jira) and an iterative design process
- Bonus - Assess and redefine workflows for 3D applications/Game Engines similar to: CAD, Maya, Max, Unity, Unreal etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.