Roblox, Front End Web Engineer - International, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Front End Web Engineer - International you will work on a cross-discipline team to internationalize the Roblox platform and provide infrastructure so that all content on Roblox is discoverable and playable in every language. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. If you are an experienced and effective engineer who is passionate about building world class user experiences from both UI/UX and performance perspectives, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing International team.
- Driven, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced supporting mission-critical applications
- Passionate about building world class user experiences
- Passionate about building world class user experiences with frameworks such as Angular and React
- Knowledgeable with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Build responsive web pages served across a large distributed system
- Deliver changes to the product to satisfy cultural differences or growth opportunities in new regions
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure used by all engineering teams within Roblox
- Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used by the front end stack at Roblox
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.