Roblox, Senior Game Engineer - Avatar, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Game Engineer you will leverage the Roblox game engine to build innovative applications and experiences for our Players and our Developers. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. You may need to work on character hierarchies or animations, so brush up on your 3D math. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with mobile and/or console gameplay development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of Scrum and/or Kanban project process.
- A professional with 5+ years experience working on a consumer-facing application
- Proficient in C++ and experienced with Vector Math
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- Experienced in building online mobile and/or console game titles
- Familiar with Lua and building games with Roblox Studio, also with Rigid-body Physics, Pathfinding or Animation Systems
- Use the Roblox game engine to build world-class vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, console and VR)
- Implement character avatar features and functionality
- Maintain and improve existing codebase
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.