Roblox, Senior Gameplay Engineer - Avatar, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
As a Gameplay Engineer you will leverage the Roblox game engine to build innovative applications and experiences for our Players and our Developers.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both UI/UX and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. You may need to work on camera schemes, so brush up on your 3D math. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with mobile and/or console gameplay development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of Scrum and/or Kanban project process.
- An engineer with 3+ years professional experience working on a consumer-facing application
- Proficient in C++ and interested in working with Lua
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- Experienced building mobile and/or console game titles
- Experienced in building games with Roblox Studio
- Use the Roblox game engine to build world-class vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, console and VR)
- Implement app features and functionality
- Maintain and improve existing codebase
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.