Roblox, Quality Engineering Manager, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
As a Quality Engineering Manager you will define the quality strategy for Roblox's expansive user generated gaming platform. As a member of the Platform Team your scope of work will span multiple platforms and disciplines. The Roblox product covers several core domains: a deep game library, an extensive social graph, an expansive virtual economy, and a growing developer community driving it all. We currently have 1 Million+ concurrent peak players and growing. As the QEM, you will lead a team of QA, automation, and release engineers to ensure we deliver the highest product quality while driving the development of automation and tooling that enables our engineering team to deliver quickly and confidently. Working with the team, you will guarantee the quality of our backend systems, mobile and web applications.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with 5+ years of QA experience, 2+ years in a QE Manager role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Relentless in the pursuit of quality with experience developing test strategies and defining test cases, plans, and suites from the ground up
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing mobile and web applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow through
- An engineer at heart, comfortable testing API's and web services as well as writing tools and automation
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Recruit, mentor and lead a hybrid team of QA, automation, and release engineers on the Roblox platform team
- Lead the team in defining, developing and implementing quality best practices and test strategies, including the selection of testing tools, technologies, and platforms
- Improve the overall QA process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
- Define and enact continuous integration and release procedures
- Define the quality bar for the company, acting as an advocate for quality throughout the department
- Push the team toward relentless issue discovery, isolation, reporting and resolution
- Utilize your comprehensive knowledge of standards, related disciplines, company strategy and goals, to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Coordinate with product and engineering to lead the team's day-to-day operations in alignment with the needs of Scrum teams
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.