Director of Community Management, Developer Relations
Roblox, Director of Community Management, Developer Relations, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
Roblox is looking for a Director of Community Management to lead and manage programs and initiatives to nurture and grow our developer community. Roblox is a fun and effective platform for young developers to program, build great games, and develop entrepreneurial skills. At Roblox, we don’t just want users to play games, we want them to make them.
You will be responsible for building programs, initiatives and social strategy for our developer community. This includes communicating product updates, best practices and announcements from Roblox with our developer community. You will also act as internal voice of developer - prioritizing and shepherding feedback from community back to product. An understanding of video game development and community management best practices is a must as you will own the communication with a very knowledgeable and vested community.
- Experienced: with 5-7 years of experience in developer community management, driving programs, and initiatives
- Someone with a Strong Developer background: Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and experience with community management of this audience
- Extraverted: Enjoys communicating with 1000s of eager fans and young adults
- Self organized: with a desire to get things done
- An Excellent Communicator: both written and oral
- Organized: Able to handle complicated situations diplomatically and remain levelheaded
- Passionate: Desire to work on a dynamic team and a willingness to work on new projects.
- Detail Oriented
Nurture and Grow Community
- Define and build programs to scale the growth and success of the community - actively looking to nurture developers from one level to the next
- Create a regular cadence of communications to the broader developer community through a combination of blogging, social media, Twitch, and Youtube
- Maintain consistent Roblox voice and use best practices for answering company inquiries
- Be connected with the community, monitor communication channels
- Set up metrics and drive reporting for community
- Build personal relationships with community members, developers, and internal staff
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.