ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
ROBLOX is hiring several Game Engine Interns to be a part of the ROBLOX Client Team. You will be matched with and mentored by a senior software engineer from our knowledgeable and veteran engineering staff. Candidates will get to work on a product with a rapid release cycle (weekly releases) and help us continue to build our ultimate Imagination Platform. ROBLOX is looking for a candidate that is an intelligent and creative individual who has a strong desire to learn new languages and be on the cutting-edge of game technologies.
Interns will be expected to work as a member of the client team by quickly responding to our development community to address issues and implement new features to our platform. The client team prefers to hire generalists - this position will involve interaction with gameplay, user interface, physics, sound, and scripting in Lua.
- Create API's for a user-generated virtual world using Lua
- Become familiar with best practices for security systems to keep ROBLOX games safe
- Build innovative features and frameworks to facilitate new kinds of game play
- Develop and maintain User interface elements that are seen by millions of users
- Exposure to cross platform technologies (PC, MAC, iOS, Android, Xbox, Virtual Reality)
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or similar
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with C++
- Familiarity with Lua, QT, Java, or Objective-C, a plus
- Extensive understanding of MMO game design principles
- History of academic and/or professional excellence and passion for game development
- Game demos and/or portfolio a plus
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.