Senior Legal Counsel
Roblox is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel, with around 10 years of experience, post-bar.
This next-generation entertainment and gaming company, with over 60 million monthly active users, is experiencing sustained phenomenal growth worldwide. Work with the most passionate, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Very interesting and challenging legal work. Fun place to work.
Incredible opportunity for the right person.
Who You Are:
- Very smart. Can boil complex issues down to the bottom line, and give advice that can be operationalized (as opposed to legal theory).
- Goal-oriented, Own it and Get it done. You will be a mini-CEO of your legal work. Achieve those goals. You need to take responsibility for your work, be self-organized and get it done. The General Counsel will assist and guide you whenever you want/need it. But, it is up to you to make sure it gets done.
- Multitasker. Comfortable shuffling/shifting priorities on a dime.
- Super organized, with extreme attention to detail and stellar follow through.
- Really nice. Our legal team is. You need to be as well.
- In-office time/work ethic. You need to put in long hours in the office. This is not a job. It is a career. If you are looking to work from home, leave early or dial it in, this is not a right fit for you. You will love this job and feel well compensated. We need you to work accordingly.
- Excited bout the potential to be part of a company that’s the largest social platform for play in the world.
Your Legal Background:
- Transactional lawyer. Contracts is our bread and butter. If you have done e.g., 40% plus litigation work, this isn’t right for you.
- Relevant work. Technology, contracts, software, social network, games, privacy work, GDPR, COPPA
- Both law firm and in-house experience
- Around 10 years experience post-bar
- Top law school/university
What You’ll Do:
- Structure, negotiate and draft agreements for sales, marketing, licensing, development and confidentiality, in support of all Roblox products and teams.
- Work on general commercial matters for Roblox, both independently and with other members of the Legal department.
- Work on the following areas: Privacy and Data Protection, including COPPA and GDPR; Ecommerce, including FinTech, payments and virtual currency; Consumer Protection; and Intellectual Property protection and enforcement.
- Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused legal counsel to our clients and other internal stakeholders, even in ambiguous situations.
- Work closely with Legal department colleagues, as well as with business leaders throughout the company, to provide guidance on business and legal risks, company policies, and mitigation strategies.
Roblox’s imagination platform has over 60 million monthly users and is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables users to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
Perks & Benefits:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community