Roblox, Software Development in Test Engineer San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more.
As a Software Development in Test Engineer - Monetization, you’ll be responsible for providing the most fluid payment experience for our users. The monetization team handles 8 different payment providers which handled over 26 million unique transactions in 2016 and over 72 million in 2017. Current efforts are focused on tackling alternative payment providers in international markets where using a credit card online is not the norm. You will also maintain a virtual marketplace that handles over 1.4 billion transactions a year. The team provides the infrastructure, tooling, and data to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top devs making over $1 million in 2017. Monetization is one of the most critical subsystems on the Roblox platform.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure.
- Experience in at least one of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Passionate: like us, you take play seriously; you’re enthusiastic about making the life of the people around you easier; you meet daunting challenges head-on with confidence.
- A team player: you have an unshakeable drive to succeed; you possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to see great ideas through to the end.
- Metrics driven: you are proficient in quality metrics and monitoring.
- Implement quality best practices and test strategies. Automate Build, Deploy Test and Release cycles.
- Improve the overall QA process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
- Act as an advocate for quality throughout the department.
- Drive Issue discovery, isolation, reporting, and resolution.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.