Roblox, User Interface Engineer - Growth, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a UI/UX Software Engineer - Growth Team you will be responsible for the creation of elegant and cutting-edge user experiences. If you are passionate about shipping and releasing best-in-class features every week you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Growth team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for delivering fun and intuitive UI which work internationally across all platforms and for all age groups. You will own the UI flows for features like signup, friending, login, referrals, and the first-time-user-experience. You will move fast, achieve ten times as much as you thought possible, and see the rewards of your work in the hands of your users every week.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A C++ wizard: you are competent in C++ and are familiar with coding in real-time applications
- Versatile, you can work in Objective-C (iOS), Java (Android)
- Scripting pro: you know how to write scripts to orchestrate in-engine game code and create tools
- Obsessive tester: you know how to write unit tests, and love working in a Test Driven Development mindset
- Networked: you have experience with REST APIs and understand the complexities of networked code
- Team-player: you work well with other team members, and are able to take on responsibilities for the greater team
- Creator: you are excited to participate with design and product teams to create the best user experience possible
- Create best-in-class user-facing applications using Objective C in the Roblox Game Engine
- Contribute to the mobile applications (both UI and frameworks)
- Work closely with Product and Designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Master the UI framework and improve our core engine technology towards making elegant UI creation
- Work at warp speed and release code to millions of users at least once every week
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.