Roblox, Senior Web Engineer - Monetization, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Backend Web Engineer - Monetization, you’ll be responsible for providing the most fluid payment experience for our users. The monetization team handles 8 different payment providers which handled over 26 million unique transactions in 2016 and over 72 million in 2017. Current efforts are focused on tackling alternative payment providers in international markets where using a credit card online is not the norm. You will also maintain a virtual marketplace that handles over 1.4 billion transactions a year. The team provides the infrastructure, tooling, and data to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top devs making over $1 million in 2017. Monetization is one of the most critical subsystems on the Roblox platform.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Knowledgeable with search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Understand NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others
- Trained with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Passionate about modern web application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, PHP/Zend, JSP, .NET)
- An expert in common web application security issues
- Help lead and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.