Roblox, Senior Software Engineer - Trust & Safety, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Trust & Safety who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be leading a team of talented software engineers, interacting with stakeholders and leaders across all functions in the company to design, build, and operate our data infrastructure while scaling to meet Roblox’s astronomical growth. You will innovate and solve problems that have not been solved before.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Trust & Safety team, you will be responsible for large parts of Roblox’s public and internal facing applications. You will be leading and contributing ideas to design and implement cutting edge features which will keep our players safe.
- Fluent in backend software development
- Focused on safety and always strive to understand the full specifications of a problem before acting
- Experienced with designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining large products at scale
- Always raising the technical bar for the team and identifying processes to improve the team
- A great communicator who can collaborate effectively across teams
- Help lead and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.