Roblox, Mobile Applications Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Mobile Applications Engineer, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will be enhancing the way people join games and play with friends on Roblox; players will be suspended in a state of pure bliss as the mobile app seemingly reads their minds. While writing code with an application-first mindset, you will be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are a C++ master, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting a beautiful user experience you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Lua Applications team.
- A programming veteran: you have at least 5 years of programming experience in mobile applications
- A C++ wizard: you know the stdlib, and can debug template errors like nobody’s business
- The Flash: your code runs faster than any superhero, and you can always finish the sprint
A master of many tools: Can interface scripting languages with C++ code, and know how to leverage the power of a VM
- Networked: you know the ins and outs of what makes a great REST API, and can implement client logic to handle network race conditions and flaky requests
- Obsessively testing: you know how to write unit tests, and are passionate about working in a Test Driven Development mindset
- A Team-player: you work well with other team members -- you can decide on next steps that considers all stakeholders while managing the technical implications for the team at large
A Creator: you are excited to participate with design and product teams to create the best user experience possible
- Create best-in-class user facing applications using lua scripting in the Roblox Game Engine
- Improve the Roblox Game Engine using C++ to create state of the art technology
- Architect and improve technologies for the Roblox Game Engine to make Roblox the best place to build games
- Use the latest User Interface libraries such as React and Redux to create beautiful and sustainable code
- Work closely with members of Product and Design to ensure that the application embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Work at warp speed and release code to millions of users at least once every week
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.