QA Engineer - Applications
Roblox, QA Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a QA Engineer for the Applications team, you will work on a cross-discipline team, delivering highly performant and engrossing app shells for every Roblox platform. You will be responsible for making sure the features we ship satisfy product specifications and don’t compromise system stability or scalability.
- Experienced, with 4+ years in QA testing, familiar with industry standards and best practices and a working knowledge of QA tools (Jira, TestTrack Pro, TFS/MTM, PractiTest, TestRail, Charles, GameBench, HockeyApp, etc.)
- A creative thinker, demonstrating problem-solving skills for bug investigation and able to devise and implement comprehensive test plans for major feature releases.
- Organized, with a sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline.
- Proficient in deploying test builds to iOS and Android devices, desktop, and console hardware, preferably with 1+ years in automation testing, scripting and/or programming, and development tools (including Selenium, Java, Lua, Perforce, Git, Xcode, Android Studio, etc.).
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Passionate about delivering high-quality software in a timely manner.
- Test game and application software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team, building and maintaining our client applications on smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, and VR platforms.
- Interface with Roblox engineering and product team members and advocate for quality.
- Create test plans and perform hands-on feature testing, working from requirements checklists and product specifications.
- Document complete and detailed defect reports and follow up on their resolution, verifying fixes.
- Author testing regressions to fill identified testing gaps and create automated tests when applicable.
- Coordinate testing with and review and interpret testing results from outsourced testing groups.
- Be flexible with regards to occasional evening and weekend testing in order to meet deadlines.
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.