Roblox, Backend Web Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Backend Web Engineer, you’ll be a part of the team that helps Roblox grow to serve the next 100 million users across the world. If you are passionate about high performance, high-quality maintainable code, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Scalability team.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 3+ years shipping working, high-quality code
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Skilled with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Knowledgeable with search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Understand NoSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cosmos DB or others
- Passionate about modern web application frameworks (.NET MVC, JSP, Django, Ruby-on-rails)
- Help scale Roblox platform to millions of users across the world
- Build high-performance scalable backend services across globally distributed systems
- Have opportunity to work with and learn cutting-edge technologies
- Help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Ensure code quality by developing unit and integration tests
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.