Roblox, Principal Back End Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Principal Back End Engineer with the Developer Services Team, you’ll have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility of owning challenging, complex, mission critical services within the Roblox ecosystem. The Cloud Services Team builds services that empower our end-users to create 3D social experiences and publish compelling content for tens of millions of players to enjoy and interact within. You will create and own mission critical services around core game play, an analytics platform for our creators, and products enabling our creators to communicate directly with their player audiences.
Your years of engineering full stack software solutions has prepared you for these unique, large-scale problems. Your passion for providing high-quality, consumer-facing solutions will help you continuously deliver features millions of kids and teens love. These problems are exciting and so is your impact!
- A seasoned Engineer - you have 5+ years experience shipping high-complexity code for mission critical applications at massive scale
- Fluent in OOP - you have strong proficiency programming in C#, C++, Java, or another OOP
- Experienced with all layers of the stack - you have been a key contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects
- Knowledgeable in data storage technology - you have a sound understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test, and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Design and deliver systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient
- Collaborate and grow with talented, passionate Engineers, Product Managers, and other Roblox team members cross-functionally
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.