Roblox, Senior Software Engineer, C++, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior C++ Developer on the Game Developer Tools Team, you will leverage and build on the Roblox game engine to create innovative tools and experiences for our Developers. Your role will have incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. Experience with Lua and game development is desired but not required. Experience with mobile and/or console gameplay development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team and look for you to be comfortable with the core concepts of Scrum or Kanban project process.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming (5+ years of exp) - pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your tools for writing high-performance code
- Experienced or knowledgeable in scripting - we've embedded our game engine with Lua, so you're understanding in that or another scripting language will be leveraged
- Self-sufficient - you take pride in breaking down high-level tasks and driving them to completion
- User-oriented - you don’t let go of a task or feature until it’s in the hands of end-users and working exactly the way it should
- Analytical - you’re comfortable using metrics and logging to analyze problems, find patterns, and develop solutions
- Multi-platform - you jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, XBox…
- Use the Roblox game engine to build world-class vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, console and VR)
- Implement developer facing features and functionality
- Improve existing codebase
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.