Roblox, Engineering Manager - Cloud Services, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Engineering Manager on the Cloud Services Team, you will empower and grow a passionate team of talented Software Engineers. Our mission is to enable young developers to build awesome games and virtual experiences at massive scale. As a leader in partnership with product, you will create a tactical roadmap that delivers high-quality services and platforms key to our end-users. As a player-coach, you will drive design discussions, daily standups, and be hands-on in the coding and implementing of new features and applications.
Your years of engineering scalable, collaborative systems has prepared you to meet the demands of our rapidly growing audience of young developers. Your passion for leadership and coaching will take our team to the next level. Your impact is large and only getting larger.
- A Leader - you create a culture of comradery and leverage your 2+ years as a Manager or Team Lead to elevate your team through guidance and partnership
- A Proven Software Engineer - shipping high-complexity code and mission critical applications at scale has been your bread and butter for 5+ years
- Fluent in OOP - you have strong proficiency in C#, C++, Java, or another OOP
- Knowledgeable in data storage technology - you have a sound understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Own, through architecture and development, significant parts of the Roblox infrastructure
- Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy
- Motivate and encourage engineers to take full ownership of key parts of the platform and independently make decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, and SRE teams while aligning with company objectives
- Work as a player-coach leading, designing, and coding by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Manage the performance and careers of a passionate team of talented engineers
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.