Director of Community Safety and Education
Marketing and Communications
Director of Community Safety & Education, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As the Director of Community Safety and Education you will help drive the strategy in educating our community of players, parents, and educators about Roblox’s safety features and processes. You’ll have the opportunity to teach civility and good digital citizenship to the next generation of online users. In this role, you will create a movement and impact that will help define brand perception and habits of players around the world.
- An authority on internet safety and how to be a good digital citizen
- Passionate about online safety and promoting and creating a safe online environment
- Tech savvy, with a thorough understanding of the power of online communities
- Well-versed in Social Media as an evangelizing tool and willing to act as a representative of Roblox on social media
- A dynamic and engaging presenter with stellar written and oral delivery across multiple platforms, live and virtual
- Meticulously detail-oriented, with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative, with strong relationship building skills to get things done in partnership with other groups
- Self-directed, with the ability to define your own work and processes
- Work with Roblox’s current Safety Advisory Board and identify organizations for partnership on a global level
- Develop and manage capacity-building programs designed to protect and empower younger members
- Promote the importance of online safety, user trust, digital literacy, and helping everyone stay safe(r) online.
- Identify and attend conferences as an advocate for kid safety online on behalf of Roblox. Create and oversee compelling and creative content for courses, videos, webinars, blog posts, and infographics.
- 5+ years Kid Safety experience, preferably in a virtual environment
- Designed and delivered scalable and impactful programs which truly help others
- Expertise in internet risks, mitigating behaviors and how to educate kids and parents to protect themselves
- A track record of identifying, cultivating and developing strong partnerships with internal partners and external organizations
- Experience working in child development and how to provide the drivers for healthy online behavior
- Experience working with gamers and kid-focused online platforms a plus
- Strong public speaking experience and can present as a dynamic and passionate expert in community safety
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.