Roblox, Senior Software Engineer - Web Application Server, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Web Application Server Team has primary responsibility for the core platform underpinning all Roblox web services. This includes full-stack frameworks, performance, web security, and UI. We ship on a weekly cadence with testable and configurable features that allow for rapid experimentation, data collection, and optimize for performance and user engagement.
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- A senior-level engineer with 8+ years of software development experience.
- A full-stack engineer who has shipped multiple versions of products.
- An expert in building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Design and implement features in our backend server and API stack that power the Roblox Website and mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms.
- Bring your full experiences of rapid releases so that we can delight our customers every week with improvements and new features!
- Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Build consensus and alignment between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
- Track data, where possible, on changes/improvements so they can be measured
- Work effectively within a team environment and be an inspiration to the people around you as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.