Roblox, Software Engineer - SRE, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineer - SRE, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack and hardware infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build systems that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing SRE team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience.
- A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as Go, Node.js, and C#, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems.
- Not afraid of Linux and/or Windows: you have experience with system-analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting in either OS.
- Passionate about API’s and automation: you love building API’s that enable people and computers to do more with less effort.
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before; GraphQL, Consul.io, Vault.io, Hubot, Docker, Mesos, InfluxDB, TICK, Prometheus etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and api solutions that enable our teams and systems to scale to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ and ultimately ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™.
- Work with an innovative team that is currently distributed throughout the US and Canada, and soon to be globally.
- While we are growing at our current pace, you may be asked to participate in the on-call rotation for critical infrastructure pieces.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.