Roblox, Director of Product - Roblox Studio, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Director of Product, Studio you will lead the product strategy and vision to define the future of Roblox Studio, a world class game authoring tool. As someone with extensive experience building 3D tools your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the tools and features that empower Roblox developers to build amazing games and increase the accessibility of our platform. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to customers all over the world.
- Product leader with BS or MS in CS or similar with 10+ years in product management.
- A 3D expert who has deep experience with other 3D authoring and game solutions such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, 3D Studio, Blender etc.
- Passionate creator who understand the needs of young and entry level users seeking to create 3D worlds.
- Detail oriented: Ability to see beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Dynamic experience: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Create and deliver innovative authoring concepts that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community
- Drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation game authoring tool that enables social co experiences.
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform.
- Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate Studio needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.