Roblox, Sr. Financial Analyst, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you’ll be owning and driving key reports and metrics within our Finance team. Along the way, you’ll have unlimited opportunities to help shape and scale our expanding team. If you have the technical experience, work hard, and get stuff done, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Finance team.
- Deadline-driven: you are a hard worker, doing what needs to get done to hit your deadlines.
- Detail-oriented: you are all about the details and aren’t afraid to dig into the data yourself. You’re able to go through the detail swiftly, independently, and accurately because of your eye for detail.
- Thorough: you take ownership of your work and see projects through, start to finish.
- Versatile: you’re a jack of all trades and can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises.
- An Excel guru: we require strong Excel skills for this role. We need a team member who knows all the shortcuts, uses complex formulas/functions already in their current role, and thoroughly understands Excel as a tool.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- SQL skills highly preferred (must be willing to learn)
- NetSuite / Tableau experience is a plus
- Experience: 4-6 years in previous FP&A / Accounting role
- Education: Bachelor's degree required (Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field)
- Prepare financial and traffic reports on a recurring basis. You will help create weekly reports for visibility on key forecasts / metrics as well as deliver monthly reports for Accounting close entries
- Work closely and assisting the Accounting team to ensure proper and timely execution of month-end close procedures
- Perform monthly variance analysis, investigating where needed
- Partner with various department heads for budgeting, reporting and metrics
- Deliver and support other reporting & analysis requests on an ad-hoc basis
- Identify and drive process efficiency across different departments to help scale Finance processes with the company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.