Roblox, Software Application Engineer - Social, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Application Engineer on the Social team, you will have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the largest social platform for play. You will play a key part in creating and evolving how our members play games, chat and build together, see their friends' activity across the platform, and stay up-to-date on their favorite content. Your mission will be to guarantee a fun, engaging, and safe social experience for players of all ages around the world. If you are passionate about building the most fun and interactive social experience on phone, tablet, PC, and console, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Social team.
- C++ expert: you are competent in C++ and are familiar coding in real-time applications with 3 years of professional experience
- Scripting pro: you know how to write scripts to orchestrate in-engine game code and create tools
- Networked: you have experience with REST APIs and understand the complexities of networked code
- Team-player: you work well with other team members, and are able to take on responsibilities for the greater team
- User-oriented: you don’t let go of a task or feature until it’s in the hands of end-users and working exactly the way it should
- Analytical: you’re comfortable using metrics and logging to analyze problems, find patterns, and develop solutions
- Multi-platform: you jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox…
- Obsessive tester: you know how to write unit tests, and love working in a Test Driven Development mindset
- Ready for a challenge: you’re eager to tackle the hardest problems you can find
- Create best-in-class, user-facing social applications using Lua in the Roblox Game Engine
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Master the UI framework and improve our core engine technology towards making elegant UI creation
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.