Roblox, Network Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a member of Roblox’s Network Engineering team, the Network Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing a carrier grade network, including all network operations, security, scaling, and reliability. This role will also execute in-depth troubleshooting of all tier three-related issues that may arise. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of carrier grade networks and latest networking protocols. This person will have specific experience with high density backbone and datacenter networking topologies, traffic management, and troubleshooting high-end issues. He/she will also be part of a team that is responsible for all network operations, ensuring network reliability, and scaling Roblox’s rapidly growing global network. This role will benefit from close collaboration with other engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience driving network standards, reliability, scalability, and flow for a major organization or company. A curious and inquisitive mind and a love for and a desire to learn about new and emerging technologies are a must. We are looking for a reliable team player who can collaborate with a team, as well as work on independent projects when the situation calls for it. Roblox is a fast-moving company, so we rely on our Network Engineering team to improve our operations’ overall efficiency and keep the company moving forward.
If you enjoy working with a dynamic team that is committed to serving Roblox’s engaged community of more than 64 million active players, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Network Engineering team.
- Experienced: BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- Expert in: Extensive experience with protocols, such as BGP, ISIS, IPv6, SNMP, NetFlow, etc.
- Experienced in building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Not afraid of Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Familiar with network hardware & operating systems
- Ambitious with QOS, MPLS, and DWDM (nice to have)
- Keep the AS22697 production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation and telemetry
- Develop and manage tools to improve efficacy in network operations
- Work cross-functionally with serving, engineering, and development teams to maintain a highly available, highly performant infrastructure
- Participate in periodic on-call rotation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.