Roblox, Localization Specialist - Simplified Chinese, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Localization Specialist for Simplified Chinese, you will help us scale our product and users around the world. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to localize content for product. You will own the language quality from beginning to end. You will evaluate and uncover localizability issues during early localization phase as one of the pilot languages. You will focus on Linguistic and Localization QA to work closely with external localization vendor to maintain and improve the language quality standard at Roblox. You will also work on managing rule set for Text Filtering to ensure safe communication for our users. In addition, you will fix linguistic issues, provide translations, develop and maintain glossaries and style guide. If you are a passionate about providing best local experience, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing international team.
- Experienced and knowledgeable: with a BA. in Translation, Linguistics, or equivalent with 5+ years of localization experience in a high-tech industry.
- Natively Fluent: in Chinese.
- A Localization Expert: with a great understanding of localization and internationalization issues, familiarity with Localization Tools, and have experience managing Translation Memories, Glossaries, and Style Guides.
- Familiar with: bug tracking systems such as JIRA.
- A self-starter: quick-learner, detail-oriented, and quality-focused.
- Adaptable: comfortable learning new technologies.
- An excellent communicator: strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CrowdIn.
- Familiarity with the Chinese market.
- Knowledge of gaming industry and gaming consoles.
- Work closely with the engineering team to provide Linguistic and Localization QA for our Chinese product.
- Fix Linguistic issues.
- Work closely with an external localization vendor to maintain and improve the language quality.
- Translate/enable product for Simplified Chinese language.
- Create and manage rule set for Text Filter.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the language and culture.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.