Roblox, Game Engine Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a developer on our Game Engine team, you’ll be working on the building blocks of Roblox itself, enabling our users and developers to push the boundaries of what interactive games can do. Your work will touch every part of the engine, from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy cutting-edge C++ engineering, you’ll be right at home on our highly-skilled and rapidly-growing game engine team.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming (5+ years of exp): pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your tools for writing high-performance code
- Eager to learn: finding a new challenge makes your day; learning a new tool makes your week
- Self-sufficient: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- User-oriented: you don’t let go of a task or feature until it’s in the hands of end-users and working exactly the way it should
- Analytical: you’re comfortable using metrics and logging to analyze problems, find patterns, and develop solutions
- Multi-platform: you jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, XBox…
- Ready for a challenge: you’re eager to tackle the hardest problems you can find
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Find solutions which conserve battery on mobile devices while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.