Roblox, Lead Audio Programmer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Lead Audio Programmer, you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state of the art in game audio engines and help build and lead the team that delivers interactive audio for the next ten years, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
- Experienced in immersive interactive audio: Many years of working with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
- Fluent in signal processing: You understand human hearing modeling, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve audio capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that generates awesome audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of human models, physical models, and ad-hoc algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
- Optimize audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.