Roblox, Director of Engineering - Growth, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Because of our explosive growth, we are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to lead a full stack engineering team that will help us grow orders of magnitude larger from where we are now. The team’s responsibilities are to discover new growth levers and optimize previously identified triggers.
An organized data-driven approach, willingness to constantly experiment, and the desire to be involved in product decisions are a must. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software applications across a varied stack.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (website, iOS, and Android)
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.